This weekend seems to be the jump start of the spring/summer trunk shows, fashion shows and craft fairs. And of course, it’s just in time for Mother’s Day.
Nui Mono and Girlfriends, which only comes around twice a year, will be held:
Saturday, April 30
8 a.m. to noon
1641 Palolo Avenue
Expect a carefully curated collection of fashions, jewelry, accessories and food. Lue Zimmelman, owner of Nui Mono, has wonderful taste and a strong desire to share what she finds with her adoring customers.
New to the scene is Momoterrascapes, a collection of tiny potted plants. In addition, Hui o Laulima will sell gifts and bentos, while the Palolo Hongwanji women’s auxiliary will hold a White Elephant sale to raise money for their community projects.
Among the “Friends” are:
- Pitacus by Lisa Wiemken
- Sweet Charlotte by Charlotte Tanaka (maker of of my late mother’s favorite Ginger Snaps – how I’ll miss giving her some this year)
- Melons by Suzi Iizaki
- Wabi Sabi by Irene Kawaguchi
- Wendy Kim Messier ( you never know what she’ll be creating next)
- Sherrie Rupert
- Kim Kono
- Cora Yee (where in the world will her beads come from this season?0
- Bev Seki
- Esther Nowell’s adorable, and collectible, clay creations
– Paula Rath