March 11th, 2012 / posted by paularath

As you recall from the last post I made on Paula’s blog, she sustained an injury to her neck in a fall a week ago yesterday.  She is making a miraculous recovery after having emergency surgery at Straub hospital and yesterday was transferred to the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific for further therapy and hopefully home soon.  She has regained most of her muscle strength back after initial paralysis and is up walking and working on regaining strength particularly in her hands.  Hopefully she will be headed home in a few days.

She and I both thank all of you for the wonderful outpouring of prayers and offers of help and encouragement.  Her spirits and drive to get better have been always been present with a smile, that’s just the essence of Paula.  I, and I am sure all of your, are looking forward to the day when she sits down and sends her messages out to you via this medium.

Mahalo

Jerry Mayfield

What are they saying?
Leave a comment below.
Ghislaine Chock
March 11th, 2012 at 7:15 am

Dear Paula, take your time and heal well. We miss you,
Ghislaine and the Hawaii Handweavers

laurel mayfield-schwarz
March 12th, 2012 at 3:04 am

Dear Paula,
We are thinking of you and are amazed at your recovery! You are an inspiration to us all.
With Much Aloha,
Laurel and family

Kaveh Kardan
March 12th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

So glad to hear Paula is recovering nicely.

Kaveh

Candice
March 12th, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Please extend my get well wishes to Paula. Tell her to take it easy and get better! Good to hear that she’s on her way to recovery!

Carol
March 13th, 2012 at 12:15 am

Glad to hear Paula is doing so well. The Rehab Center is a great, supportive place to mend. We miss you and wish you a full recovery.

Gwen Inzer
March 13th, 2012 at 7:23 am

Hula sister sending major Aloha your way for complete and quick recovery! Re visiting Waika now and you are in our thoughts. Day by day keep going for your goals – good healing vibes being sent your way always. XXOO. Gwen Inzer

sharon serene
March 13th, 2012 at 9:50 pm

The Rehab Hospital is the best. I spent a week there in August – had to be wheeled in in a wheelchair and 7 days later walked out under my own steam. Attitude was everything. With the level of Paula’s moxie, she will be up to par very soon. You go girl!! Show them
how it’s done! I look forward to reading your blogs
again soon.

Barbara Lanning
March 13th, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Paula, I just read this. I am so sorry, but it sounds like you are on the mend now! Love to you and Jerry. Barbara

Bobbie
March 14th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

We love you Paula and are so, so glad to hear you’re making a strong recovery. Big hugs from your art pals!